Saturday, April 25, 2009

Nike+

Let me start by saying that I am a *huge* fan of everything Nike+. I love it when products work together to make things fun and easy for consumers. I was one of the first people I know to have the whole kit and caboodle (shoes, nano, + system). I got it as a gift over 2 years ago, and still, to this day, use it. What I love about it is that it is user-friendly, keeps track of distance, and personal bests (distance, time, etc), and is upload-able to the Nike+ website where you can track your progress and really SEE what's going on.

However, I think I need a new chip for my shoe because the last couple of times I tried to use it my ipod couldn't find the sensor. In place of the Nike+, I've been using my Polar heart rate monitor and mapmyrun.com to figure distance, calolies burnt, etc. I'm not sure that one is better than the other and I'm all for using more than one tool at a time when it comes to personal health. (I use the WW website AND thedailyplate.com to track my food- - it makes me doubly aware and allows me to view things differently.)

The great thing about Nike+ is that once it's set up- - you're good to go. You can just head right out on a run, come home, plug in into your computer and BAM. You're done. Using mapmyrun.com is awesome, but slightly more work. (And a LOT more clicking.) :)

If you're a regular walker or runner I highly recommend one or all of these tools to help you become aware of what you're doing!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger c said...

I have an iPod nano, and 2 summers back I decided to get Nike+ shoes, insisting that I was going to get back into trail running. I never did get the chip, and although the shoes get lots of gym time, they have yet to be taken out on the road. whoops!!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. That was a good review. I was kinda looking at a Garmin watch systems because it looked cool but didn't like how often you have to recharge the batteries. I gave up on apple a looooong time ago but if the system works that well it might be worth it to buy a cheap nano

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home