Monday, May 07, 2007

College Days

What a gorgeous weekend! It was a little cooler but sunny, sunny, sunny! I *love* this weather. It is the reason I survive between December and May.

My trip to MA was wonderful. I arrived in Amherst just in time to meet the team for dinner. It's always so nice to catch up with the girls and when they're not on campus they don't have to worry about school and other things so we can really just visit and hang out. There were 26 of us at dinner so, needless to say, it took a long time. It was relaxing though and fun (despite some terrible service), many of their parents had little speeches about how proud they were of the girls for making it to NCAA's.

Friday night the girls had to get to bed fairly early because they had a match the next day so the other tennis team alum (and my co-captain) and I caught up with our old coach. It was great, much like when we were back in school, except this time the conversation was far less censored. In fact, my coach grilled me about my boyfriend for about 2 hours. (If you remember, he was my assistant coach in college...) Yea. That conversation was more than akward at times. I think we made some progress on that front though and he's not as angry as he was. Time heals...

Being back with the team reminds me that although I don't see or talk to everyone as much I as would like, they really are my best friends. It's an easy conversation and existance. They know me, and "get" me. More so than a lot of my close friends even. I guess sharing long van-rides, hotel rooms, and spring breaks can do that.

This week is going to be hell. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous but I'll be stuck working 12-14 hour days. Mother's Day in upon us and I'm her slave until the 12th. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Two weeks ago I met up with a good college chum who now lives in LA. It was the first time we'd seen each other since 1998. And we fell back into a fit of giggles right away. I love having friendships like that!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Glad you had fun! :)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people who see us every day - be it at work or on long van rides etc... DO see a side of us that others don't.

1:39 AM  
Blogger hot potato said...

here's to good times, great friends (who knew you when), and great weather. good luck this week!

12:57 PM  
Blogger hot potato said...

here's to good times, great friends (who knew you when), and great weather. good luck this week!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home