Monday, November 06, 2006

Pittsburgh

What a weekend. First, it was so nice to (finally) see my boyfriend again! We hadn’t seen each other since Labor Day which turned out to be entirely TOO long! I wasn’t sure what to expect from Pittsburgh (I’m not a huge fan of Pennsylvania in general but my boyfriend is from Eastern PA so I try to have a better attitude) it was lovely! My boyfriend (is this the point in the blogging world where I need to come up with some nickname or abbreviation for him?!?!) had to work so we stayed slightly outside of the city Friday night in Monroeville which is a shop-oholic’s DREAM! There was an awesome mall and every store you can possibly imagine.

My birthday was a few weeks ago and my boyfriend sent me a birthday present in the mail which arrived on my birthday but hinted that there was more to come. I wasn’t really expecting anything too great because the gift he sent already was fantastic and just what I wanted so… imagine my surprise when I came back from getting a drink and there was a little blue box waiting on my pillow… : ) He is just awesome and I am so spoiled.

Friday night we went out to dinner and just caught up in person. Saturday we went out for breakfast, did a little shopping, went to a conference and then hit up downtown Pittsburgh for the afternoon. They have this neat tourist attraction called the Incline which takes you up the side of a hill (Pittsburgh was *much* hillier than I expected. It seems that you can always see where you want to go but aren’t quite sure how to get down to the next level) and gives you views of the entire city and the “entry point.” It was really neat because you could see all of the major attractions and sports complexes. At the top there were many bars and restaurants so, of course, we stopped at the top for a drink or two. I had my favorite- - vanilla vodka and diet coke and he tried the local IC Lite. It was really good and it’s always fun to find local beer when you’re visiting a new place!

Saturday night we grabbed dinner at this great local bar, Rhythm, near our hotel which was great! They had separate martini bar and I made my way through 3 of them before we had to leave. My boyfriend’s friend from college was in town for the Pittsburgh/Denver game (Side note: I’ve never seen football take over a city like it did in Pittsburgh) so we met him and his friend at The Strip for a night out on the town. I always forget how wild male college friends can be when they get together after not seeing each other for a while. It was a great night and I really enjoyed meeting his friend.

Sunday we slept in, grabbed lunch (I was *seriously* craving a diet coke by then) and did some more browsing/shopping before I had to fly and he had to drive home. Only three weeks until Thanksgiving…


More to come, but something is wrong with my picture format and I can't remember everything I want to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home