Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It's a Small World

In talking with One Hot Potato we realized that we vacation in the same place every summer- - York Beach, Maine! To illustrate my detail-ridden message on her blog today I'm posting pictures of what I was describing. The house that we vacation in and the houses that the rest of the families stay in. Has anyone else been to York? It truly is my favorite place. I'm not sure if it's because of the town, the area, the atmosphere or simply when I'm there I am *really* on vacation, but there is something about it that is dream-like:

It may be hard to see, but this is where we vacation! There are a number of families who go together and we all rent houses in a row on the "Bluff"! This is the section of the Bluff that we stay!
This is the view from the front yard...

6 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Yay Maine! I think people usually don't think beaches when they think Maine, but we do have some gorgeous ones.

10:50 AM  
Blogger HOOKM14 said...

Makes me look forward to August. It is one of the anticipated highlights of our summer, and don't forget Browns! I start training in early June for the ice cream marathon.

BTW - am Mommy First's Hubby first.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Since the age of five, I've spent some summer time up in Ogunquit. Just a few short miles down the road from York. Good times. Always good times. Thanks for the pictures on this blustery winter day. Made me smile.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Okay, winter can be over now...

Maine looks great, never been there over the summer just Fall/Winter..

12:21 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Hiya,

I know York well, I grew up in Portsmouth. Long Sands is lovely. Ice cream at Brown's is the best and I have to confess to being overly fond of the taffy at The Goldenrod! The link below is to a photo of Nubble Light that you might like, hubby took it a few years back. Cheers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/libby_donohoe/130235800/in/set-72057594108970493/

2:33 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Hiya,

Of course you can have a copy of the photo. You can download it directly from flickr but it won't be a very high resolution so it may not look very nice when it's printed. If you email me I can send you high-resolution file.

I hope they are not forecasting the same blizzard conditions in VT that they are for MA.

Best,
Libby

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home