Wednesday, September 09, 2009

What I Did on my Summer Vacation

Today was a very typical first day of school. We found our desks, found our books, our binders, introduced ourselves and then- - of course- - we had to answer THE question. What I did on my summer vacation.

Except when I was in elementary school in Vermont the answers went something like this, “I went swimming in the lake.” “I went to camp.” “I had a sleepover with my cousins at my Grandma’s house.”

That’s not how they roll in Fairfield County.

The conversation in our room today went something like this:

Student 1: I went to Paris and we saw the Eiffel Tower.

Student 2: Oh! I went there too, but we also went to the south of France.

Student 3: I went to my house in the Adirondacks. It was awesome. We boated and fished.

Student 4: I went to my house in Vermont. We also went to New Hampshire.

Student 5: I went hiking in MA then I went to Chicago.

Student 6: I went to Chicago- -saw a Cubs game! They won! We also went to Aspen and California.

Student 7: I went to Turkey and Greece.
Teacher: Oh! What was your favorite part?
Student 7: Santorini. It’s beautiful there. Clear water, warm temperatures.

Student 8: I also went to Paris. We stayed at the Ferragamo Hotel. Ferragamo is actually a shoe company. It’s very cool.
Teacher: Oh! Did you get a new pair of shoes.
Student 8: No, they didn’t have my size. My mom got two pairs though.

Student 9: I spent the whole summer on Nantucket. I took golf and tennis lessons.

Student 10: We went to the Bahamas.

And it went on…and on…and on…

Teacher: Well, I got married and went to Mongolia.

MY TURN: I moved. TWICE. And took FIVE graduate school classes.

HA! Take THAT B*TCHES!

My third graders are officially cooler than I am.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous MansTouch said...

There are so many great places to see in Paris like Notre Dame and Eiffel Tower. Just to walk around is already an experience. Sipping a cup of coffee while cruising the Seine is one of the few things you can do to savor your trip. Of course no one should ever miss to visit the art galleries of world renowned painters.
____________________
The Truth About Paris

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home