Monday, November 13, 2006

Holiday Blues

Well, today is my boyfriend’s birthday and I am *so* wishing that I could be with him to celebrate! I did send a few packages which he should enjoy, but its days like today that make me seriously reconsider this whole long-distance thing. (Not that we’re doing it on purpose… it just worked out this way.) It really isn't very much fun and maybe I should just bite the proverbial bullet and move to Michigan????????? …Moving on!

I am really stressing out with the holidays upon us! I’ve worked really hard the past 8 months or so to lose weight. I wasn’t ever really overweight and I have always been extremely athletic, but enough that I was unhappy with myself. I get nervous though, for my first holiday season really trying to continue to lose weight, that Halloween will run into Thanksgiving, will run into Christmas, will run into New Year’s and then, all of the sudden, I’m bathing suit shopping with my pasty-white, cellulite skin hanging out having an I’m-waaaaaay-too-fat-to-go-on-vacation meltdown in a dressing room. The horror. I wake up every morning M-F and do my sit-up routine and run 3 miles, then I go to work. M-Th and Sat and Sun mornings I go to Jazzercise (if you haven’t heard of it, check it out, it’s awesome) which really should be enough physical activity for a week, but I can’t help thinking that it’s never enough. I also try to be careful what I eat but lately I’ve been so gluttonous. I don’t know what’s come over me. Has that happened to anyone else out there? I’ve done really great for the past 3 months with maintaining a healthy diet and all of the sudden I can’t seem to stop eating candy, cookies, and pizza! I also have found myself becoming mirror-obsessed and analyzing every inch of my body every chance I get. Now, don’t worry, I *do NOT* have an eating disorder but I wonder if my habits, or the way I judge myself, are becoming too harsh? It’s hard to say because when I ask my close friends and family they always say that I look great when really I’m looking for someone to say, “You know what? You’re right. You’ve gained a little weight around your mid-section and your thighs are getting dangerously closer.” : ).

Does anyone have any recommendations for beating these Holiday Blues I’ve gotten myself into?

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Dench said...

I think craving carbs this time of year is a phenomenon sort of like animals in the wild preparing for the long winter...well, at least that's my excuse!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home