Monday, January 22, 2007

Vacation

So, my boyfriend and I have been discussing the possibility of me accompanying he and his teams on their annual spring break training trip to South Carolina. He doesn't have an assistant coach so I would assume that role for the week and go to the matches/practices/etc. This doesn't sound like too much of a vacation, but it will be filled with my boyfriend, tennis, and the beach, so bring it on! Initially I was going to fly to MI to meet him and then drive to SC with the teams, however, my sisters now want to come along so we'll be driving from VT so SC and meeting them there. I haven't taken an 18hr car ride in a very long time, I'm kind of looking forward to it!

Additionally, on Friday I was offered the position of Head Girl's Tennis Coach at my former high school. I'm so excited! Two of my sisters are still on the team and I've continued to be involved with the team since I graduated so this seems like the perfect fit!

Now I just need to let my new boss know that I'm going on vacation and will need an adaptive work-week during the tennis season. He's travelling for work for the next two weeks though, so I have until then to devise a plan... :)

On a completely unrelated note... I really hate the headphones that come with ipods. I have really great headphones at home, but the only ones I have at work are these stupid in-the-ear things and they hurt and they fall out and I hate them. I hate them. I hate them.

Happy Monday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

And here I thought I was the only person who found those bud things to be torturously painful. Like so painful the CIA could use them to get people to confess.

Congrats on the coaching invite!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Kimba said...

I always thought i had odd shaped ears. They always fall out, they kill and just plan suck!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I don't find them painful, but I agree that they suck. The pairs that came with both of my ipods quit working--sound would come in one ear but not the other. Or there would be a static-y noise.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Allie_in_Ga said...

Do you know where in SC you are going yet? We vacation there and I also got married in Bluffton, right outside Hilton Head. Let me know if you need any recommendations!

4:05 PM  
Blogger P in VT said...

That's where we'll be! We're staying on the island! If you have any suggestions that would be great, my boyfriend lived there for a year and we've both gone once for the past 4 years but we usually end up at the typical places... I would love some suggestions!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home