Friday, March 09, 2007

Time's They Are a'Changin'

Just a reminder that we are setting our clocks AHEAD this weekend! It seems crazy to be doing it this early but, in the name of conservation, here we go!

I know that I've spoken about the students on my boyfriend's teams and how great they are but last night, they really blew me away. I got a phone call from the captain of his men's team and, since I have been helping him with a project he's working on, I thought he needed more information about that. Oh no. The two teams (men's and women's) decided that they really want to get their coach (my boyfriend) an end-of-the-season gift this year! Well, that was sweet so I said that while they really didn't have to do anything I would start to brainstorm gift ideas for them. His Captain interrupted and says that they already KNOW what they want to do and that's when I was completely taken aback. He says that they all agree that it was so much fun to meet me while they were on Spring Break and that they think "Coach" and I should be able to see each other more so, for their end of the season gift, they would like to fly me out to MI for a few days the weekend of their conference tournament! Reason? (and I quote) "Because that's the ONE thing Coach would REALLY want." :)

And the best part about this whole thing is that it's a SURPRISE. My boyfriend has NO idea that I'm coming or that this plan is in the works. His kids are driving the 90minutes to the airport to pick me up the night of the banquet and I'm just going to show up.

I am *so* excited. And so grateful to these intuitive tennis players.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Wow that is so sweet of them to do that. What a fun surprise! Can't wait to hear more about it!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

That's an excellent idea. What a great surprise!

11:20 AM  
Blogger MMM said...

That is so cute. What a thoughtful group of kids. I know your boyfriend will be so excited!

12:46 PM  
Blogger a. said...

Great idea :-)

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home