Monday, March 05, 2007

Back To Vermont

Well, I'm back. It was one of the nicest, most refreshing vacations I have been on in a very long time! We used to go to Hilton Head for Spring Break when I was in college but it was always for tennis and we always had to worry about matches/practices/etc. This time it was purely for VACATION and watching a little tennis. :) We had so much fun! Of course, it was nice to spend time with my boyfriend too...

His teams didn't do so well (as in they lost every match, ha) but it was really great to see him as a Head Coach for the first time. I'm really excited for him and it was so nice to be able to place names to the faces that he has been mentioning since September! His kids are really great as well, they're completely down-to-earth and very warm. At the end of the week they had a team dinner and one of his captains made a toast to him and thanked him for his effort for the week and believing in them even when they continue to lose. I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember being that thoughtful as a college student. It really meant a lot to him and I think it says a lot about the kind of kids that he has on his team. Now it makes it a little harder for me to wish him away from his job...

I wasn't expecting much as far as the weather was concerned because it was February but... it was 70 degrees and sunny EVERY DAY except one! We played tennis, sat by the pool and went to the beach every day! It was wonderful! I know some of you have been to Hilton Head, but for those of you who haven't... it's gorgeous! The beaches, honestly, go on FOREVER. I think you could probably run around the entire Island if you were so inclined. I love running but in Vermont in the middle of winter my only option is the treadmill and, quite frankly, I LOATHE the treadmill. Hilton Head was a wonderful reprieve from this. I ran at least 5 miles a day, on the beach, in the SUN, with my boyfriend- - it was dream-like. It also gave me many, many opportunities to use my nike+ ipod stuff and that is just too much fun. One day, after a particulaly loooong run, Lance Armstrong's voice came through my headphones and congratulated me on my longest run yet... well, thank you Lance. :)

We also got to visit with my cousin who moved to Raleigh, NC in August. She has a wonderful new job and is loving it there but we really miss her so it was wonderful to catch up with her and meet her new boyfriend...

It's after vacations like this that makes me question why I live in a place where the weather is less-than-stellar 80% of the time. I love Vermont but, really, I think I could love the Carolina's too. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger a. said...

Welcome back! Glad you have a nice & refreshing vacation!

10:41 AM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I hear you! If I don't get to some warm weather soon I am going to lose my marbles! I am glad you had a good time though!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home