Wednesday, February 21, 2007

S to the P to the E-L-L-I-N-G

Dear Stacey Ferguson (aka FERGIE),

I wanted to thank you for your commitment to child literacy. I can think of no other reason why, if not that, you feel compelled to spell in your recent songs. Please see examples below:

From, “Fergalicious” I'm the F to the E, R, G the I the E

And can't no other lady put it down like me…T to the A to the S T E Y girl you tasty, T to the A to the S T E Y girl you tastyD to the E to the L I C I O U S, to the D to the E to the, to the, to the, hit it Fergie

From “Glamorous”


G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S, yeah
G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

Glamorous and delicious were always tough to get right. Now, when children can’t remember if it was an O-U-S or I-O-U-S they will just have to think of you, your lyrics about vodka, dancing like a ho and keepin' it "real", and your fantastic back-beat.

For that, I thank you.

-Preppy in VT

P.S. Fergie, there is no E in TASTY

2 Comments:

Blogger CBM said...

I got such a kick out of this post! That Fergie, she likes her spelling. I've had that "Glamorous" song stuck in my head for over a week now. I have to admit, it is catchy!

10:46 PM  
Blogger DebbieDo said...

haha, great post. I was totally singing/ spelling a long while reading. Now Fergie is in my head... I'll be down in the gym just working on my fitness.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home