Tuesday, May 15, 2007

25 Years

I've been thinking about my parent's anniversary as it's approaching quickly and I think we've decided to go with the small happy hour/party at our house because it's the easiest and they *really* don't want anything big. (They're not just saying that either- - I don't think :)). Now, we have to decide what to get them for a gift. The 25th is usually silver so we'll probably do something small along those lines, but I think our big gift to them is going to be a new digital camera. Now I know many of you have purchased new cameras recently and I would really love your input here! They mostly use the camera to take photos of family stuff, nothing too fancy, but my father is really into picture dvd's of all of our family vacations, etc so I want it to work well with that.

If you have any suggestions, that would be great!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

i think there's two ways to go. either you get a big honkin' digital slr which requires a camera bag and which you can get additional lenses for, or you go for the really small. if either of your parents showed any inclination to get heavy into photography i'd go with the digital slr. otherwise go for really small with optical zoom. there's alot of cameras that aren't that expensive that look small at first but you can't fit them in a pocket or wear them in a discreet belt holster. so then you either have to wear it around your neck or carry it your hand. so then you leave it in the car or the hotel and don't have it for that "great shot". i really like the canon elph line and the casio exilim. i've had problems with the fujis. alot of people like the little sony cybershots.

i took an elph to iraq with me and it help up amazingly well. the only problem i had was the screen cracked because i had it in my pocket with something metal and when i sat down it put too much pressure on it. they've got new screens now that have a much thicker plastic outer layer and most of the elphs have a 3x optical zoom

the casio exilims have excellent battery life, they're metal bodied and take a fair bit of abuse.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/ has some pretty decent reviews and i like looking up a model on amazon and checking out the reader feedback, although you have to take it all with a grain of salt.

good luck!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Canon Powershot SD600 and I love it! It's very small, has a big screen, it's very easy to use and easy to download the pics, it takes short videos with sound, and it's not too expensive. I carry it with me all the time. I'd recommend it.

6:43 PM  
Blogger P in VT said...

Thanks guys! :)

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home