Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Goodbye, Goodbye Now

I met my boyfriend's parents at their campground at 6:30 this morning to give them a lunch I had packed and to say goodbye. They were hoping to leave early but something tells me that it may take them a while to motivate. (On their way here they left Bethlehem, PA at 11am on a Friday and didn't arrive at my house, 364miles away, until Saturday afternoon.) It was a crazy weekend but his parents finally met my sisters and saw VT for the first time.

I think it was fairly overwhelming for them, my boyfriend is an only child and his parents are both 65+. Their house is quiet, everyone is extremely stubborn, I mean, INDEPENDANT, soft spoken and takes a long time to motivate. My house is, pretty much, the complete opposite. We're loud (from years of trying to be heard over 5 other loud people at the dinner table), flexible, and cooperative- - you have to be when you all shared bedrooms and one bathroom growing up. If nothing else, I think his parents have a better understanding of where I'm coming from and why I act the way I do (I swear, they think I'm crazy sometimes). :)

I'm hoping for a quiet rest of the week.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

I had to read that first sentence twice. His parents were camping? (shaking head back and forth) Way TOO much wrong with that scenario. Maybe because the closest my parents have come to nature is the slate path that connects their house to their driveway. It's lined with plants and stuff.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Suburban prep said...

Coming from a family of 7 siblings I didn't really know a quiet house until I got married. It is just hubby and I.

8:07 PM  
Blogger P in VT said...

Ah, yes, camping... his father has a 1970's van/camper that he drives (every summer/winter) to and from Mexico in. He's mexican and lives there 1/2 time. According to them, it's the best form of travel. I wouldn't know, the closest I've come to camping is staying in a house without a dishwasher...

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home