Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Causeway

We have this great running trail near my house, the Causeway. Originally, it was built to connect the Champlain Islands with the "mainland" of Vermont by rail to import/export between NYC and Canada. The trail sweeps through a local park, bog, natural/preserved land, then extends into Lake Champlain with Malletts Bay on one side and the broad lake on the other. For 2.5 miles you can run straight out into the lake until "The Cut" which allows large boats to pass through into the bay. We ran here yesterday for the first time this season. I always forget how this is my favorite place to run.

Check it out:

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger k e r r y said...

oohh! That would be an awesome place to run! It's the road to no where!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

I'm not jealous of you guys getting snow in April but I sure am jealous of that path. Awesome. Absolutely awesome!

2:10 PM  
Blogger lisagh said...

That is stunning!

8:37 PM  
Blogger CBM said...

What a nice picture. Vermont is so beautiful! I'm so happy that I'll be visiting a lot next year when my brother goes to school there.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home