Monday, July 30, 2007

Quarters

This is going to seem like such a small thing...

I "collect" quarters. What I mean is that whenever someone at home leaves change around the house, in the washing machine/dryer, or discards it, I take the quarters. Nobody minds and if anyone is thinking about it, they put their leftover quarters in a jar for me. It's not that particularly like quarters or even that have one's from all 50 states it's just that I buy my daily fountain diet coke with 3 quarters (a deal, I know) and get my afternoon snack from the M&M machine with qaurter so quarters have become *very* important to my daily life.

Knowing my affinity for quarters my boyfriend has been saving all of his (without telling me) and when he was at my house yesterday filled my change holders with all of his quarters which means I'm good to go with the M&M's and diet coke for (at least) the week.

Sometimes it really is the small things....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SLC said...

That's really sweet. Quarters, dimes & nickels can really add up. Before my husband and I got married (almost 15 years ago) he used to roll change in those wrapper thingys. He had a huge pile of it and I finally put it in a box and stuck it in the closet. Soon after we got married (and had NO money) we wanted a dog, but the one we wanted cost $400. We had just about that much just in change so we cashed in our coins and got our first "baby".

9:51 AM  
Blogger tulipmom said...

Now that's true love ...

12:24 PM  
Blogger hot potato said...

very cool. i agree about the small things. life is stressful enough that when the little things are "taken care of" we feel "taken care of"... it relieves the stress for that moment. plus, the way to a woman's heart is "an unexpected gift, at an unexpected time" (from the movie Return to Me).

it looks like your boyfriend is after your heart for sure!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home