Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Some People

What a busy weekend! Lots of working (I won’t bore you with the details) and Sunday I had my first Jazzercise District Meeting in Connecticut. Having never been to one before, I wasn’t sure what to expect but it was really fun and informative (and gave me lots of fun ideas for the upcoming year!) Being in a car for 10 hours in one day with 5 other Jazzercise instructors though, is not something I want to do again any time soon.

I like my jazz co-workers, I really do, but it made for a LONG day! The owner of the center where I teach is very nice and we get along great but something happened this weekend that I really just can’t get over. She realized that she had forgotten her purse at home so I offered to buy her coffee on the way down- - not a problem. We get to CT and Jazzercise had many jazz clothes for sale and she wanted a new shirt. Not having her purse, she asked if I would pick it up for her- -not a problem. It was $24 and I was picking something up for myself as well. The meeting starts, we do a mock Junior Jazz class and a mock PT class (which I’m teaching for the first time next month!) then we sit down for the informational part. Our District Manager asked who had traveled more than 4 hours to get there. Well, everyone from VT had so we all got $20 gift cards to Jazzertogs (the Jazzercise clothing store). My Center Owner gets her gift card, hands it directly to me and says, “there! Now I only owe you $4! That works, right?” Ummmmm, NO. It doesn’t seem “right” to me that she would repay me with a gift certificate that she got FOR FREE to a store that I don’t even really shop at when I spent CASH for her shirt. Am I wrong here? I wanted to tell her no, but it was such an uncomfortable situation and there were 10 other people sitting at our table that she said it in front of. Now, I’m just not sure how to handle the whole thing, I feel taken advantage of and annoyed. It’s not that the $24 is a HUGE deal (but, hello? I don’t have a LARGE CASH FLOW) but it’s the principle- - do you guys think that’s wrong?

Starting in November I’ll be teaching a PT (Personal Touch) class at 6am on Wednesdays. I wasn’t sure how many people would be interested, because it costs money in addition to what customers pay for regular jazzercise, but the whole class is FULL after today!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you...she should give you the cash instead of a gift card that she got for free.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

That's like paying you in french fries. Or post-it notes.

You should have politely not accepted the card, said she can just write you a check when you get back to Vermont and then run like the wind so she couldn't shove the gift card into your pocket.

And I hope I don't offend. I really really hope. Because I adore your blog and your witty banter. But everytime I read 'Jazzercise' I giggle. It makes me think of something Chris Farley would have spoofed back on SNL. Don't hate me, please? Because you could Jazzercise circlse around my out of shape ass.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home