Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Long Weekend

I'm leaving tomorrow morning (at 4 am...) to go to MI for a nice long weekend! I haven't seen my boyfriend since he left VT in the middle of August so it's about time! If you recall, I have family (cousin and her family) who live in MI, and my aunt and uncle (cousin's parents) were driving out to visit her for the weekend and invited me along for the ride! I know some of you are probably ready to throw up at the thought of 10 hours in the car (20 hours total in 4 days) but the car does NOT bother me at all and I'm not driving so I'm actually- - get this- - looking forward to it. (I'm crazy, I know). I figure 10 hours with NOTHING to do but catch up on my reading and put some serious time into some pieces I've been working on at work is 10 hours that I have not had in a WHILE.

My boyfriend is picking me up at my cousin's house Thursday afternoon when we arrive and we're heading to pick up his men's team because they have a tourament ALL DAY FRIDAY. It never fails, whenever I go visit, one of his teams has some big tournament and we end up spending an entire weekend at collegiate tennis facilities... as if I didn't get enough of THAT when I was in college. Oh well, it'll be better than spending the entire weekend in the hotel he's been living at. Oh? Did I not tell you about that? Well, let's just say that the plumbing failed in his apartment building and 4" of raw sewage backed up into two of the apartments (his of course, being one of them) so he's had to move into a hotel while renovations are done to his apartment. (Gag, really, it's okay.) I'm not terribly upset about it, this means that he won't want me to make elaborate dinners and I can get him to take me out to eat! Aside from the TENNIS, plans for the weekend include a whole bunch of nothing and going to a Sangria Bar. I have never been to one before but something tells me that I'll feel RIGHT AT HOME. In fact, I may even make it my home.

I won't be updating/checking blogs while I'm away so enjoy your weekends!

Coming soon:
What I've learned working at a Scoop Shoppe
Craziest Wedding Invite Ever? (I need some feedback on this one)
The Tale of Two Jazz Owners

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger k e r r y said...

I hope you had a great time in MI! I am looking forward to the Scoop Shoppe scoop!

Tell me more about the X-Plan for Mazda! You have me all excited!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger msemeraldapple said...

Hi! I have been reading your blog for a really long time and I really enjoy it! I have just started my own and I hope you'll check me out! :

http://startingoutpreppy.blogspot.com/

Glad to hear you had a good time last weekend! Even happier to hear about the cute shoes! LOL

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home