Thursday, October 04, 2007

MamaWHAT?

First, I ran out of diet coke (the horror) and have been drinking the only other soda I had at home- - coke zero. I know I'm preaching to the choir but Coke Zero is NOT COOL and it is NOT DIET COKE and I am NOT IMPRESSED. Going to the store immediately to re-stock.

Secondly, I caught the end of The Biggest Loser the other night while I was folding my laundry- - right at the time the person who got voted off gives their farewell speech. Well this lady (she's hispanic- - this is important) is talking about what a great experience it was, blah blah, she met so many friends, blah blah, then closes with something to the effect of, "even though I'll no longer be on the show I'm going to work hard towards my goal and I'll be ONE HOT MAMACITA!" Except it sounded like, "ONE HOT MAMA____!" (imagine lips saying CITA with no sound). THEY BLOCKED OUT THE CITA part. Am I missing something? Is "Mamacita" durogatory? It's possible that with the lack of hispanic influence here in VT I just don't know about this, but um, my boyfriend, well, he's Mexican (and NOT from VT) and he didn't think that it was inappropriate... anyway, food for thought.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home