Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Art of Relaxation

This weekend has been one of the most relaxing weekends I've had in *such* a long time. Friday evening my sister and I went to a Jazzercise fundraiser my center/instructors were hosting and we had so much fun. In a place where my sister and I don't have a HUGE social circle it's always nice to be a part of something larger, to be part of a community, if only for a night. Jazzercise here is SO different than my experience in Vermont it's incredible. So many people working towards the same goals... don't ever underestimate the power of that.

Yesterday I slept in and headed out for my long run of the week (updates to come on new theme day- Marathon Monday), I came in, showered, and we ran out to do some errands. I was, of course, unsuccessful in finding what I was looking for but that's okay, I need to regulate my spending anyway.

Last night we saw The Blind Side. In a word? UNBELIEVABLE. That movie IS SO GOOD. If you haven't seen it yet, GO. NOW. TONIGHT. Really, it was amazing. I got teary-eyed at least 13 times, but it's football-ish enough for guys to like too. I have since become obsessed with it- - google-ing the real story, watching the 20/20 episode about it, buying the book the movie was based on. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about it, I even watched football today just to see Michael Oher play for the Ravens.

Today I slept in (again) headed to Greenwich to do my laundry (thank god for my sister's ((ex))boyfriend's family), went to boxing, then came home, showered, got in my bathrobe and sat in my chair until 4:30. I know, I couldn't believe it either. I learned some new jazz songs, talked to some friends on the phone, and made plans for the weekend.

I have a four-day weekend coming up and Jax is coming to visit which will be fun. Of course, RC texted me today to let me know that he thought he would fly in for the weekend to hang out with me... I know. I know. The drama is endless.

I'm looking forward to heading to bed early tonight, once 5am Monday morning hits it seems like I don't stop until Friday at 3pm.

Here's to a great week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home