Friday, December 08, 2006

It's the GIVING Season!

I haven't been very good about posting or having very exciting posts lately so I thought that I would share today some purchases that I have made for this Holiday Season!

I got this Gap bag for one of my sisters. She needed something to carry her books to class in, apparently no one uses Backpacks anymore...?






I ordered these in pink, brown and blue for each of my sisters because they are heading to Italy the day after Christmas to visit our very good friend who is playing professional basketball there. For two of them, this is their first international trip so I think they will be very excited about this! For those of you concerned that I'm left out, don't worry, my boyfriend and I will be in Arizona with his family visiting the Grand Canyon the same week!




I got these for one of my sisters who is ALWAYS borrowing my pearls. I figured if I bought her her own set she would stop raiding my jewelry box! :) Somehow, I don't think this is going to work...




I got this pink Nike tennis dress for my youngest sister. Her favorite color is pink and she plays tennis, so it was really a perfect match! (No pun intended. :)) This isn't a great picture, but it has rhinestones on the two inner straps that look very glamorous. This sister is *much* more hip and trendy than my preppy self so she will definately appreciate not receiving something with a collar/plaid/houndstooth from myself.









This is for my other sister who does pilates and doesn't have a mat yet. She's been wanting one for a long time but her school isn't in a very...populated...area so she hasn't found one! I'm hoping to find a yoga bag to go with it before Christmas, but I'm pretty much done shopping now so I don't know if I really want to fight the crowds anytime soon.




I also bought my sisters a few books about Italy, Milan and Rome for their upcoming trip!

I'm actually giving my boyfriend the quilt that I made just recently. It's my first quilt, EVER, and I picked out the fabric with him in mind. Total cost was about what I would have spent on a gift but the hours I spent on are in the upper 30's so I hope that he appreciates it! I just have to finish putting the edges on but once I've done that I'll photograph it and get it up here. He will also be at my house from December 20th until we leave for AZ so this will be the first Christmas that we've had someone other than the 6 of us for Christmas morning. It should be interesting!

I hope that all of you are well and enjoying this holiday season! More to come later!

2 Comments:

Blogger lisagh said...

I hope your sisters don't read your blog! Your gifts are so lovely and thoughtful... I'm sure they'll all be so pleased. Love the pink passport cover - might have to look into getting one of those myself.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great gift choices!! Would you mind if I asked where you bought the pearls from? I'm looking for a set and trust your style!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home