Monday, May 21, 2007

Whatta Weekend!

I hate to bore you with a run-down of the weekend, but here I go! :)

Friday I received a phone call from my aunt saying that my uncle had suffered a heart attack. He is only 54 years old and leads an active life. Luckily he got to the hospital in time and they admitted him for (I'm forgetting the name...)the "balloon treatment" immediately. Out of 4 arteries, 1 was 100% blocked, 1 was 80% blocked, 1 was 70% blocked and 1 was completely clear. He hadn't been feeling "right" all week but thought that he had walking pneumonia. Let this serve as a reminder to GO TO YOUR ANNUAL DOCTOR'S VISITS. He hadn't been to the doctor's in a *very* long time. He is doing well though and coming home today, unforunately he'll be out of work for a month recovering, here's to a speedy recovery!

Saturday morning I was up early for my all-day quilt class! The woman who was hosting it lives on Lake Champlain in the Islands and her home is beautiful. She lived next door to my mother's family when they were growing up and was good friends with my Grandmother (my mom's mother) whom I never met. I love visiting with her because she always tells stories about "Margaret" (my grandma) and it's so nice to learn about my grandmother/family from an oustide perspective. (And a neighbor at that! :)). I *love* my quilt! I don't have pictures to post yet, and it's not done but it was so much fun! The pattern is Color Splash and after working on a Stack & Whack and star patterns, this pattern offered a MUCH NEEDED break! I've completed about 1/4 of it but finishing the rest shouldn't be too difficult.

When we arrived, there were gift baskets at each person's sewing area- - what a great idea! In the baskets were: small hand lotion, wooden dowel for pressing seams as you sewed, fabric chalk, pen, three pieces of coordinating fabric tied with bow, and an embroidered handkerchief! This woman is a hostess extraordinaire...I wish you could have seen the lunch she prepared. I'm not going to post on it now because it warrants it's own post-- yes, it was that good! :)

She has an entire room dedicated to sewing and it's incredible, lots of light, huge windows, triple sized ironing boards, industrial irons... many of you would be in heaven there.

Here is an example of a Color Splash Quilt

Saturday night I headed over to my cousin's (remember that trip I was taking on Sunday?) and walked in to 25 high school kids partying. Great... my cousin knew that I was coming over but didn't think I would be there so early so she threw a pre-prom party instead of a post-prom party. After getting them all to the prom I headed back to clean up the MESS they had made. It was a disaster but by the time I was finished the house looked spotless. I tried to go to bed early because we were leaving early in the morning, but I was woken up numerous times by phone calls. Finally, at 4:15am I got up and headed downstairs to get ready when my cousin walked in the front door... she was just getting home. Kids... ;) She slept the whole ride down so I just hooked up my ipod. It actually didn't end up taking me too long and I was home by 11:20am.

I did a few errands yesterday afternoon for today and taught Jazz at 4:15. I finally got in bed at 9:00pm to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters but I fell asleep and missed them both- - damn it. I've gotta catch them somehow.



I've got a super-busy week, two tennis matches, the individual state tournament, work stuff AND my boyfriend is coming- - tomorrow. :)



Does anyone else get antsy waiting for Memorial Day weekend? I *love* this weekend- - it makes summer official! :)



Happy Birthday to my youngest sister... 16 candles... whoa. :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle but I'm glad he is doing okay!

I am so antsy for Memorial Day weekend, mostly because I am excited to finally wear my favorite white skirt!

1:25 PM  
Blogger k e r r y said...

You know you can watch these online at abc.com!!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home