Friday, August 17, 2007

Big & Juicy

My boyfriend's mother bought me a dress and mailed it to me. She said that it looked "just like me and it was on sale and I just couldn't resist." Very thoughtful. My boyfriend's mom is not particularly stylish, nor do we have (remotely) the same tastes but whenever she picks something out for me she is usally not far off the mark.

I opened the package yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a Juicy Couture dress-- she has *no* idea about labels, etc so this was NOT on purpose. Well, I really love the dress but it's an XL and well, I am not... so I'm not exactly sure what to do now. I want to wear the dress, immediately, but...ugh.

I tried to find a picture of it, but I can't.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger k e r r y said...

How nice!! can it be altered?

11:07 AM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Yeah, um, if someone gave me a dress in an x-large, even if it was my size. I´d cry. Now excuse me while I leave this internet cafe and go drown my I´m-fat-sorrows in some Ecuadorian flan. Flan fixes everything. Especially in a country where hips are accepted.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could see being insulted by her buying you an XL if you are a small but other than that I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think it's anything to cry over.

4:46 PM  
Blogger tulipmom said...

You could send it to me! Just kidding.

11:52 PM  
Blogger workinthatpreppy said...

well..you could send to me...I see someone else said the same thing. just get someone to alter it for you:) mother in laws are supposed to send xs and smalls

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even tho it is Juicy is it at least cute? I have a few Juicy things in my VERY preppy mother of 2 closet & you would never know it....maybe someone told her they run very, veeeeery small.
It's a good excuse not to wear it. Juicy is 90% lame 10% cuuuute!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home