Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Lake Champlain & Tea Parties

I spent the better part of the weekend on the lake jet-skiing, swimming, water-skiing and cooking on the grill- - ahhhh, summer. Saturday night we all headed up to my boyfriend's work because he was playing in a tennis tournament. He won! Which, in addition to serious bragging rights, meant $100 too. Not huge, but pretty fun! After that we, in true family fashion, had a nice leisurely 3 hour happy hour.

I need some advice- -I am hosting a baby shower for my cousin's wife in early September and her bridesmaid/best friend would like it to be a tea party theme. Nothing too girly, because they are having a boy, but do you guys have any ideas? I REALLY need help with the party favors. I don't want to do anything tacky, just small and cute. PLEASE HELP!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Greens and Pinks said...

I order all of my tea from adagio.com - they have pretty cute packaging, and they sell tiny sizes of all of their tea and it comes in a very cute little tin. Worth checking out for favors, I think, with the tea theme.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

I just want to start this comment with a confession - I hate showers. Baby showers, wedding showers - blech to all of it.

So I went to a shower a few years ago where the hosts painted little clay pots (just something simple across the rim), provided a seedling packet and tied it up in something sheer with a bow. The mamma to be had a boy too. Anyway, it was a very nice gesture that paired well with the whole concept of something growing (blah blah blah).

11:26 AM  
Blogger DebbieDo said...

Have you seen Champ in Lake Champlain? just kidding. I have spent summers on Lake George (the northern end) since I was a baby. I have a huge soft spot for upstate NY/ Vermont.

(I came over from Perfectly Pink's blog)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home