Friday, September 07, 2007

Shower Time

My cousin's wife is having a baby (due October) and her baby shower is this weekend in MA so I'll be heading down there early tomorrow morning for a fun, baby-filled day. As part of the invitation it was requested that each guest bring a book to start a book collection for the new baby. What a great idea! Everyone has their favorite childhood book and I'm so excited to share mine with the new baby! (They don't like surprises so we already know that it's a boy and they're going to name in Gavin).

I thought it would be fun to share with all of you the books that my sisters and I chose to bring to Baby Gavin:


We read and read and re-read all of these books when we were younger, what are some of your favorite books?
I was complaining about my sisters last week and in an effort to be fair, I have another story to share:
I teach a 6am Jazzercise class two mornings a week which gives me a very short amount of time to get ready for work on those days. Yesterday, I came home from class and realized that I had left my ipod at the center which was a problem because I needed it to teach the noontime express class that same day at a different Center. I ran upstairs to jump in the shower figuring I would stop and get it on my way to work. When I came down Sister #3 was just pulling in the driveway (she had gone to the Center to retrieve my ipod) and Sister #4 was putting a small, brown lunch bag on the counter. She knew that I was rushing and made my lunch for me while I was getting ready.
They do have redeeming qualities. :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Paige's Tot-time Picks:

Goodnight Moon

In The Night Kitchen

The Hungry Catepillar

And Paige's 2.5yo niece's Tot-time Pick:

Sheep in a Jeep

On the sister front - don't you love when people do things for you just because??? Great way to end the week, kiddo.

1:53 PM  
Blogger tulipmom said...

The Little Engine That Could is one of S.B.'s favorites. In my experience baby and toddler boys seem to love the board book series by Byron Barton... Trucks, Boats, Trains, etc.

9:04 AM  
Blogger tulipmom said...

Another favorite any time of year is "The Gingerbread Man."

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home