Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lucky/Notsolucky Day

Friday night I was randomly at the mall while my friend and I waited for our other friends to call us to meet up. We walked into J Crew (he wanted a new tie) and I stumbled upon a rack of corduroy jackets (black and brown) for $9.99. Of course, there were only size 0 and 2 left (not exactly my size) but at that price, I had to see if I could make it work. I slid the 2 on and... it FIT! I couldn't believe it! It's a little snug through the upper arms but it's stretch so it works!

We met our friends for what was supposed to be a drink but turned into a CRAZY night of alcohol consumption. We ended up at the local bar (about 100 yards from my house) to round out the night. My favorite bartender and DJ were working (I've only been there a few times, I swear...) and were getting ready to close because there were only two other people there. Well, we changed their minds. I *love* singing karaoke (no, this is NOT a karaoke bar) and the DJ knows so as soon as I walked in she played Baby Got Back and gave me the mic (it's a dream come true, really) then she played ALL of my favorite bar songs (think Don't Stop Believing, Before He Cheats, Crazy B*tch). I, of course, thought that the two, innocent bystanders should be having fun with us on the dancefloor so I walked over to the bar to get them. Only one guy took me up on the offer, but I guess (this is where I don't really remember what happened) we danced for the rest of the night and I gave him my number. Oops. (I do. not. remember. doing. this.- - my friends don't either, so I'm not convinced he didn't get it from someone else, but I digress). The end of the night came and I walked home with my friend. End of story.

Cut to Sunday night, I'm on the phone with my boyfriend and the other line beeps in. I didn't recognize the number and sometimes my Jazz customers call me to ask questions, so I answered it and oh. my. god. it's. the. guy. from. the bar. Just calling to tell me that he's back at the bar and that he had so much fun Friday night, and was I going to be out again this weekend?

Ummm. No, I don't think so.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimba said...

Oppps!

Hey it happens! :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger MaudeLowell said...

OK, I don't know you, but I've been reading your blog for a while. I know you love your boyfriend; does he still live far away? PLEASE don't take this the wrong way... what would be the harm in going out with this guy? Maybe your boyfriend is the one, but you are so young, blah, blah, blah.
Just a thought from a fan.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home