Monday, March 02, 2009

One Week

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted. I don't know where the time goes! Today was a glorious snow day here in southwestern Connecticut and I couldn't have enjoyed it more! I was still up early but I stayed in my pjs and ate breakfast and got a bunch of grad school work done all before 10am.

This afternoon I headed to the gym with my friend and banged out 7 miles on the treadmill- - the time went by so quickly it hardly felt like an hour. I love when that happens.

There is so much to update all of you on so forgive the chopped up, bulleted post, but I've got a lot to say!

  • My sister was here for the weekend moving into her new apartment! She and her boyfriend are moving in together (yea... I didn't realize that was an option either) when she graduates in May but their lease started this month so they got started on moving in this weekend. It's a GORGEOUS two-bedroom apartment in mid-town Manhattan with views to kill. I? Live in a garage apartment without a kitchen. And walk a dog and do someone elses laundry and dishes to barter the rent. I don't know how she does it. I'm so excited for them though and even more excited to have her closer to me in a few short months. She is actually applying to the same jobs that I did last year when I made my big career move and has three interviews next week. Please, keep your fingers crossed.
  • I joined Weight Watchers. Have I mentioned that yet? I think I've been holding out on you. I did. I decided that I needed to do something and that seemed like a great choice. I did fantastically the first two weeks but have only lost 2lbs in the last 3 weeks so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm following the rules and I work out a TON but I'd like to be seeing results a little bit quicker. I'm going to give it until the end of March and reassess where I'm at. I don't know why it's not working better. Now? My life is regulated to point-counting.
  • I got an 84 on my math final and ended up with an A- in the class. Go me!
  • Friday night I went on a date. (!!!!) I met this guy at a party I was at last weekend and he got my number from a mutual friend and called me. We met at a local restaurant and had a drink at the bar then headed into the dining area for dinner. He had made reservations. My plan was to have two glasses of wine, one before and one during dinner but he ordered a bottle of wine with dinner so, that was three. After dinner he asked if I wanted to grab another drink somewhere so I said yes... and three martinis and the end of the date later I found myself on my friend's doorstep, calling her to let me in, and telling her that I was too drunk to drive home and had to stay on her couch. I had a nice time though, and I think he thought I was funny so, we'll see what happens. Maybe he'll call me again. The funny thing is, I don't really care either way. It was just really nice to go out and visit with someone.
  • I have a weigh-in tomorrow that I am *NOT* looking forward to. I don't think I've lost any weight this week and it's really just starting to make me angry. Oh? Did I already mention that?
  • Next week is spring break at grad school. It is NOT however spring break at real school. That spring break is the FOLLOWING two weeks. Not having them coincide is a real pain in the butt. I'm trying to plan a small vacation somewhere but I'm not sure that it's really going to work out.
  • I love blogging-love and get that everyone tries to comment and be "friends" and everything but lately there seems to be a HUGE push to get people to be "followers". Is this a very big deal? Do I need to worry about this? I only have 4 and I don't think that I follow anyone. I think that makes me the lamest blogger EVER. (Not that I blame you- - I do this for me, not you).
It's a short week this week as today was a snow day. We'll have tomorrow, Wednesday, 1/2 day Thursday and conferences on Friday so... woo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home