Thursday, May 21, 2009

Housing in Fairfield County

Is ridiculous. I've talked about my housing situation before- - how I walk the dog, do the laundry and dishes, take out the trash and recycling and do the laundry in exchange for room and board. It wasn't ever the most ideal situation and caused me a LOT of stress on a daily basis, but it's free, so...

Well, Monday night the woman that I live with called me downstairs to go over a couple of things, (I've been doing this for 7 months, I'm not sure what was left to 'go over' but whatever) then brings the conversation around to how I'm taking advantage of the situation and she's at a real disadvantage as far as she's concerned, blah, blah, blah. I could get more specific, but you don't really care. (If you do care, let me know- - I'll be happy to expound.) I had a minor (MAJOR) meltdown and decided that if I was going to enjoy my summer- - at all- - I had to get out of this hellhole.

I've been apartment hunting and visiting all week and...

I FOUND A NEW PLACE TO LIVE TODAY! It's kind of the same setup only I'm paying for my utilities. And? It's BEAUTIFUL. I have a small cottage on a property all to myself with a greenhouse attached and a GORGEOUS backyard... and?!?! Well, I hate to get too excited when I haven't even moved in yet, but when I got there today they were having cocktail hour so they poured me a glass of wine and we sat out in the backyard and visited. As we were talking we figured out that the woman who owns the house and I have the same birthday. She's 86. Is that a coincidence? It's fate. I have no other explanations.

I feel like this is a dream come true.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Madras said...

That's fabulous! What a great time to be moving to a cottage all of your own!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oooh- I feel your pain! I was a nanny/household manager in dc for a while and it was the same thing. By the end I felt like a slave and just had to get the heck out!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

In a word - YAHOO!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home