Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Before Everything Blows Up in my Face

I'm not going to lie, I'm a fun girl. Especially when I've been drinking. Because of this when I'm out, at home (for some reason this only happens in good ol' VT), I tend to attract a lot of male attention. Which would, normally, be awesome. However, when I'm at home I usually split my time between one of two bars. Are you doing the math? This means that MOST of the male attention I'm receiving comes from ONE. OF TWO. Social groups. You know, that whole bar scene can be very clique-y and mafia-like. Which, boils down to... most of the guys I hang out with at home and/or have crushes on me... are best friends. Dun. Dun. Dunnnnnn.

Most (sane) girls would run screaming from this seeing the inevitable, impeding disaster. NOT ME. Notice I said, most, sane girls. I plow straight ahead into the "Danger: ROAD CLOSED" sign. That's just how I roll.

So... I still have the boys from the summer with the same names (from Bar 1) but really only one is THAT interested and honestly? He hunts. So... well... I still don't know about that. But as far as personalities are concerned? We're a match made in heaven. Really. He's about the funniest person I hang out with. (Aside from D- - she takes the cake.)

AND NOW. From Bar 2. Orginally there was one of the owners, K, whom I've discussed here before. Then I hit on Jax that night with D (who, of course, is K's best friend). Jax and I hung out Friday night at the bar where I caught another guy's eye. (I honestly don't try and none of these guys are EXCEPTIONALLY cute- - maybe Jax- - but that's it so don't get all, "She's totally bragging and showing her stuff" on me. Cause? I'm not) Of course, new guy, we'll call him Kiwi, is friends with K AND with Jax. He called me over the weekend to do lunch, (I couldn't), called me Sunday night to see how the trip back was, and- - this is where it gets good- - called me last night to say hi.

So, cue me- - just receiving a text from Jax reading, "Hey, I just got home, I'm gonna shower and I'll call you."

I put the phone down, settle into The Biggest Loser when, 15 minutes later the phone rings.

Restricted Number.

It's Kiwi.

"Helloooooo..." I say. We start in on a ten minute conversation where he tells me that he'd love to take me out next time I'm home, etc, etc. WHEN...

Jax beeps in.

I ignore it because I'm already on the phone. We finish our coversation and hang up. I dial Jax back.

He answers, we're chatting... making plans for him to come visit next weekend, WHEN...

R from Bar 1 beeps in. I ignore it cause I'm on the phone with Jax.

You see? I'm about one text-message-to-the-wrong-person away from this whole charade ending MISERABLY. Trouble is, I like all of these guys. I wouldn't necessarily want all of them to be my boyfriend though. So, where do I go from here? I like them, and like to hang out with them, and would like to be friends regardless but I'm also not interested in leading them on or breaking any hearts.

D says I need to lay it out on the line and simply say to all of them- - "I'm dating... MANY people."

My preferred, non-confrontational method would be to get a t-shirt that says, "I date... LIBERALLY."

I kind of come from the school of thought that... well... if I DON'T know which one I want to be my boyfriend I'm entitled to hang out with all of them until I decide which one, if any, I like. Isn't that the premise of dating?

Thoughts?!?!

I was telling my mom this whole thing this morning and her words of wisdom?

"Yea M... life's a b*tch."

Thanks Mom.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth Dunn said...

Kiss all 3 and then pick which one you like! Best of luck xoxo

1:28 PM  
Blogger jewelry without jewels said...

Too funny! Good luck :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger POSH AND POISED said...

I'm not gonna lie, I do like the nickname Kiwi for boyfriend #342048394. :)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home