Friday, January 22, 2010

15 and WHAT?

I was watching the Thursday night line-up last night (Grey's, Private Practice) and, for those of you who watch PP- - Maya, a fifteen year old, is pregnant. I was talking with my sister as we watched it and had the realization...

if I had gotten pregnant at 15 I would have a TEN YEAR OLD CHILD RIGHT NOW. OH MY GOD. THEY WOULD BE OLDER THAN THE THIRD GRADERS THAT I TEACH. OH MY GOD.

Not that I was participating in any activities at 15 who's outcomes could be pregnancy, I wasn't. BUT STILL.

A TEN YEAR OLD CHILD. At the age of 25. IS NOT SOMETHING I'm ready for AT ALL.

It's amazing what "growing up" does. At fifteen, I probably felt grown-up, and adult, and ready to take on the world... at 25? I think my fifteen year old self was a huge baby with a lot to learn.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger alanna said...

ohmygosh i agree! some of the girls on the ship get pregnant at even 18 or 19 (some of them intentionally to get out of deployment!) and i just can't imagine...an 18 year solution to a 6 month problem, you know?

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real money.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

8:05 PM  
Blogger Tickled Pink And Green said...

Love that show!

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home