Friday, June 15, 2007

Ice Wine

On a hot summer evening, why not cool down with some ice wine? Ice wine is a (delicious) dessert wine that is produced from grapes that have frozen on the vine. The water in the grape freezes but the sugars and other dissolved solids do not which results a very concentrated, and sweet, liquid. Only healthy grapes are able to stay on the vine when temperatures reach freezing so be assured that all grapes used to make ice wine are full-bodied and healthy! Because of the difficulty of processing frozen grapes and the low amount of of liquid yielded from them ice wine is significantly more expensive than table wine and often comes in much smaller bottles, but, I assure you- - it's worth every penny. The next time you're looking for a celebratory treat, try some ice wine. You won't be disapointed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Ah, ice wine. Good call! Man loves it...it's a bit too sweet for me, so I have to enjoy it in extreme moderation.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Lorilu said...

OH YEAH...Ice Wine! LOVE IT!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

I've only had ice wine once but I remember it like it was yesterday because it was so good!

(I love the invite that you wrote for you parents' anniversary. You've got talent!)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

One of my favorite drink treats! The first time I had it was years ago- senior year of college in a wine tasting class (which I thought would be a fun, easy A but was actually really really difficult due to all the details we had to learn.). I don't remember much about the soils in various areas of the world but the taste of Eis Wine has remained a favorite.

10:12 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

This is one of my favorites, try it drizzled over good vanilla ice cream, yum!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home