Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A little better

So, I won't bore you every detail of the bad weekend but the climactic event was when, at 1am on Church Street in downtown Burlington, my boyfriend decides he has had enough of my craziness (I admit, I am slightly crazy, but not in a bad way...) and walks away from me saying, "I'm so done. I'm done. I'm not coming home tonight." And then he walked away. And left me there. Alone. At 1am. In Burlington.

I am by no means incapable of independance or finding my own way home ( I did, just fine) and I can't walk anywhere downtown without running into someone I know, but it *really* irritates me that after more than two years of dating he can get so angry that he doesn't think we should be ending the night together and left me to take a cab by myself, to my car parked on a dark street, then home. And it's embarrassing when my family and friends are like... "Ummm... what happened?" Then he didn't answer any of my calls or texts and didn't come home until 4 am. I was more than annoyed, obviously. And I can't help that feel regardless of how mad he is, his first concern should be ME, right? I mean, I was pretty mad too, but I called and texted him to make sure that he had a ride home and money for a cab, etc. He didn't even WONDER where I went or what I did.

It was just one of those weekends where I found myself wondering..."what the hell am I doing with all of this?" and it really doesn't feel good to be questioning that.

We are still sorting everything out but he started his job officially this week so he's moved to his house close to his work which will be good to give us some perspective. I haven't seen the house yet so I'm heading up there after work today to make dinner and so we can try to work everything out. We'll see how it goes...

I'm heading to Boston next weekend for a Red Sox game... can't wait! :)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah M said...

I have been there...standing outside of a bar after being called crazy. Have you guys talked about it? I'm sure drinks were involved but that is no excuse. He needs to know that. Good luck witht everything. Hopefully it is a maturity thing and he will out grow this. Mine did so there is hope.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Oh yes, I've been there to. In fact, if it's any comfort, I'm pretty sure we've all been there at some point or another. Hope dinner goes well tonight. :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Allie_in_Ga said...

I am sorry and good luck. I too have been there, my husband and I met when were 21 so there were lots of things like this.

8:33 PM  
Blogger jennifer m. said...

we have all been there. promise. even us old married women have had an experience like this or near like this.

even nice boys make stupid mistakes. my sister's husband even called off the wedding 2 weeks before... they eventually eloped and now have two beautiful kids... so keep that in mind.

ok?

8:44 PM  
Blogger k e r r y said...

been there too - many times. Listen to your gut - it's better to have questions now than after 10 years and a few children!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Hope you two had a good evening, it takes time to work on these things. I too have questioned and feel better for it. Hang in there! And i'm happy you're coming to Beantown!!!!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh, no! I hope y'all were able to work things out tonight. Good luck with everything!

12:58 PM  
Blogger SLC said...

Sorry to hear you had such a rough night. It's quite disconcerting that he left without being concerned for your safety getting home. Glad you made it home safe.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Just remember that no matter what, it'll work out for the best. Because it will. And if all esle fails, eat chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Always works for me!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home