Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I Promise

This won't turn into a dieting blog, BUT (you knew that was coming) I went to the WW meeting tonight and lost .2lbs. That's POINT 2 pounds if you don't have your glasses on. (AHEM MOM.) Not exactly stellar or what I was going for, but certainly better than staying the same or gaining. Of course, my friend who goes with me lost slightly over 2lbs which is awesome. For her.

I kid, I kid.

I have now lost a total of 8lbs. I came home and had the leftover hibachi vegetables I've been saving that were SO good and dessert. It was kind of like the last supper. I'm going to try this week not to use my 35 extra points and not to eat any dessert-y items. I love dessert. That? Does not matter anymore. HELLO fruit for dessert. (Which, in my opinion is an oxymoron.)

Right after weigh-in I text my mom to let her know my progress, and she's a little hopped up on morphine right now due to a surgery she had today, but you'll appreciate the convo anyway.

Me: lost .2
Mom: that's great!
Me: I guess
Mom: How did Friend do?
Me: 2.4. She totally kicked my a$$.
Mom: Tell her if she does that again I'm going to kick her a$$.

(edited to add- - just got off the phone with my mom, she couldn't see the . and thought it was 2 lbs.)

So, tonight at our meeting, our topic was the stages of progress. Or something like that. We were discussing what prompted us to join WW and my friend raised her hand (she's a total joiner and loves to participate. It's wonderful.) to tell everyone what prompted her to join. It went something like this:

Friend: "Okay, my reason is like, totally superficial but..."
Group: (encouraging smiles and head nods)
Friend: "I'm going to turn 25 this year..."
Group: (consisting of mostly 45+ females) ((stares))
Friend: "...and I *know* that's not old..."
Group: (laughs)
Friend: "but I was thinking. I'm going to be TWENTY-FIVE and this is supposed to be the PRIME of my life. I'm supposed to look back on being this age and be impressed with myself and think that I'm a hot babe. I mean, it doesn't get any better than this, right? And I was thinking, if it all starts to go downhill from HERE? Well, I'm not in a very good place to go down from."
Group: (uncontrollable laughter).

She is *so* funny.

Okay. Back to our regularly scheduled program. No more dieting talk. For now. Ooooh... I don't think dieting is the proper WW term. I meant, lifestyle change.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love you. total joiner :)
i think we balance each other out..

you gotta get me on this blogging piece.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home