Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm Annoyed

You guys know I love my sister(s) and I really DO enjoy living with my sister. Really. I do. SOMETIMES though- - she can be a REAL PITA. You don't know her, so it will be hard to appreciate what I'm talking about here but she can be... in a word? Abrasive. (Don't EVER tell her I used THAT word specifically because she's very sensitive about it.)

Really though, sometimes she's unbearable.

Example 1:
We've had some spider issues and I was telling her one day how I had to kill one and her response?


IN a DEAD SERIOUS VOICE and LOOK.

"M. Stop right now. Seriously, STOP. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THIS. I WILL MOVE OUT."

Over spiders? I mean...I don't like them either, but... COME ON.


Example 2:
We still don't have a couch in our place so tonight we went to look at one for sale. The futon I was looking at- - she hated. Obviously. I'm not sure where homegirl got her (upscale) taste from but it sure wasn't from Ourtown, VT. Conveniently, the people who were selling the futon ALSO had a leather pull-out couch with a matching lazy-boy for sale. For 3x as much. She *LOVED* that. Realistically, I know that it's a pretty good deal but... can't we just get a futon? Getting ANYTHING up our stairs and through our doors won't be easy. I'm looking for something easy.

Example 3:
I got in the shower and busy-little-queen-bee that she is was buzzing around the kitchen making her dinner. Well... she used the toaster oven and the microwave at the same time. Result? Blown Fuse.

Dun dun dunnnnnn.

She says, "Oh, hey, M. I think I just blew I fuse."

Me: "Okay...do we have a fuse box?"

Her: "Yea, we've got to. Obviously. You can't RENT AN APARTMENT WITHOUT A FUSE BOX."

Me- call the Landlord, ask about fusebox. He thinks it's downstairs. Gives me the downstairs tenants phone number and tells me to call them.

I call them, explain the situation and he goes to check the box in the basement, flips the switch, all is good.

EXAMPLE 3:
Later, we were talking about nothing really and I told her that we got our first cable bill and how much it was. Her reaction?

"Good GOD it can't be THAT much. I'm not PAYING THAT. FOR WIRELESS THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK? NO. We need to CALL THEM. AND INSIST THAT THEY FIX THIS IF THEY WANT US TO PAY."

Me: "Well, the wireless really isn't their deal. They provide the cable and that's working and we did say we wanted the dvr which is an additional $10/month... I kind of expected it to be what it is."

Her: "No WAY. We have the BEST of the BEST in the city and it's only $200 and we have the BEST. The BEST internet, the BEST cable the MOST you can get. Like, you can basically watch movies. ON TV. WHENEVER you WANT. There is NO WAY THIS IS RIGHT."

Me: "Oh, okay... well, I know that you have to pay to rent the boxes from them.... I don't know. Everyone I know pays around $120 for cable and we wanted dvr so $128 doesn't seem THAT out of line....? The bill is on my desk if you'd like to see it."

Her: "Well, I'll ask J (her boyfriend) what he thinks."

10 minutes pass.

Her: "J says we shouldn't be paying more than $40 for cable."

Me: "Right... but we also have internet. And dvr."

Her: "Right, but STILL."

Her: "J wants to know who our service provider is."

I tell her but at this point? I have HAD it. I don't make the rules, I don't make the price. The only thing I know is that I CALLED THE CABLE COMPANY TO SET IT UP. I SET UP THE WIRELESS (unsuccessfully- - but still). I MET THE CABLE GUYS HERE TO LET THEM IN. If she has a HUGE problem with the bill...I think I'll let HER deal with it.

I am G.R.U.M.P.Y. tonight.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home