Thursday, October 01, 2009

It's All in the Approach

Happy October! October is, absolutely, my favorite month out of the entire year. (Although, August is becoming a close second.) Everyone says it’s because it’s my birthday month (woop woop!) which, it may be, but there’s something about October that just seems… so special. It finally starts to feel like fall, daylight savings time, the leaves change, apple picking, pumpkin patches, socks, quilted jackets…I could go on and on. I love everything about it.

My birthday is at the end of the month and? I will be turning twenty-five years old. I’m trying not to dwell on the fact that I’m now as old as well, when I was 10 I thought that by age 22 you. Are. OLD. And INDEPENDENT. And a REAL LIVE ADULT. And… well? I still kind of feel like a kid. What’s up with that? Do you ever stop feeling like a kid?

I was talking on the phone with my mom this morning and we were discussing possible plans for my birthday celebration. I said something to the effect of, “Oh, gosh. It doesn’t matter. We don’t need to make a big deal.” And my mom says, “Well, it’s kind of a big one. 25?!? God, I was married by the time I was 25.”



Yes. Thanks for reminding me. Believe me, I would like nothing more than to be married right now. I love my social life and I’ve had more fun in the past year than I had in all four years of college, but really? I would love to be moving towards that next step in my life.

Real story? I don’t even have a boyfriend.

I know that I’m still young and have plenty of time to find someone but sometimes I wonder if I just need to rethink what I want…

Dr. Phil DID say today- - you can open your mind to new ideas without lowering your standards.

Maybe I’ll try that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home