Monday, October 05, 2009

Letting Go: a Lesson in Forgiving and Forgetting

I had a bit of a trying weekend and, a much younger me, probably would still be reeling from it today. I'd be dwelling on the details, replaying it in my mind, and holding a grudge. I'd be bitter and looking for or hoping for revenge. I'd want apologies. Many apologies.

However?

I'm not my younger me.

I've grown up, I've gained perspective and I've learned forgiveness in the true sense of the word.


People make mistakes.

They have bad nights.

They say things they don't mean.

Did it hurt at the time? More than I'll probably ever be able to articulate. Still, I'm glad I've learned to forgive and forget and to move forward. I'm better off for it. I may not always make the right decision, and I still feel like a kid on occassion, but sometimes, growing up is so worth it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home