Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So Much to Say

I had two interviews while I was at home which was great timing for me. I thought I rocked the first one, and felt really great about it. The second one? Lasted fifteen minutes. Really. I drove 75 minutes for a 15 minute interview. I thought they just decided I wasn't a good fit and moved on.

Yesterday I heard back from both of them. The first one, went in a little bit of a different direction than they had originally intended but loved me. In 90+ applicants I'm in the top four. They might have one more position open and will call me if they do. They ended up going with someone with more experience (go figure) which I'm not at all surprised by because the teacher already on that team was a fuddy-duddy-oldie teacher. You know the kind I'm talking about- - wears jean jumpers, doesn't like new ideas, and is STUCK in the late 80's early 90's.

The second school, the one who's interview I thought I failed? Invited me back for a day-long site visit. I'm one of three finalists. We'll see how this goes.

The rest of my vacation was really quiet and relaxing. More so than I ever would have wanted or planned for myself, but sometimes... you don't have a choice. Jax finally texted me 10 days after he broke up with me. We've talked about a lot of things. He would ultimately like to get back together and has apologized for acting like an idiot. I'm not sure I'm ready to hop back on that bandwagon. What's the hardest is that I wouldn't have broken up with him- - I was really looking forward to spending some time together. However... now that we ARE broken up I feel like we could use this time to get settled on our own, figure some things out, and go from there.

Of course, in the meantime... of Jax not talking to me at all, I met someone. You KNEW that was coming, right!? At the same bar I met Jax- -I KNOW, I need to get out more, you don't need to tell me that. He seems like a great guy, I'm totally into him, but he's a TOTAL player which I don't need AT ALL. He took me out on a fantastic date, we hung out at the bar two other nights and he still has not kissed me. (Although, for our first date he DID suggest heading to his (and his ex-wife's) house, making dinner and chillin' in the hot tub...)

There is SO much more to say about this guy, but I'm waiting to see how things play out. I'm trying to play it cool which, you KNOW, I'm terrible at. And just in case you needed FURTHER evidence that I'm a complete PSYCHO, playing it cool means purchasing a book we discussed while on our date, writing a short note to go with it, and mailing it to his work. (TOLD YA!!!!!)

I just don't want to get into another situation where I don't get exactly what I want. I know, relationships are cooperative, you've gotta give and take, BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. I'm over that. For now. I want to be pursued. Hardcore. Do you hear that boys?!?! It's. ALL. ABOUT. ME.

Thankyouverymuch.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home