Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

I know I've told you about the drama with our neighbors. It's hard to fully explain but we received that rude note about the parking. I was going to ignore it but my sister doesn't handle things quite so...easily as I do. She wrote a note back saying that we'd never want to put anyone in danger and if there are certain times they NEED the front spot we'd be happy to oblige.

Cut to last Thursday.

I opened the mailbox and saw just one note in there with our names written on the front. I almost didn't take it. It was after a long day of conferences, I had to babysit in twenty minutes and I just didn't have it in me emotionally to get riled up about anything.

I should have stuck with that plan.

I was on the phone with my mom so I grabbed the note, got in my car and opened it to read it to her.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the nice letter, sorry it took so long for response. Just FYI none of us should use the fence so it is great that we can share it. C and I have been double parking for 10 years and you can imagine how annoying it could become. Maybe we could talk about what days work for everyone.
(Me: "Wow, Mom, I think she's getting nicer. Maybe M's note worked!) If you want we can set a date/time and go over it. You could come over for a glass of wine. Whatever works for you. We are happy to live next to you, you seem kind and flexible. YEAH! (Me: "Uhhh, Mom? I don't think she's being nice...) My email is pleasekeepmeposted@gmail.com.

Best,
J

Uhhhh...WHAT?!?!?

I CANNOT BELIEVE how snarky and sarcastic that note was. I vetoed my sister and we completely ignored it/her. Whenever I see them now I pretend I don't.

BUT. IT GETS BETTER.

I babysat for the entire weekend so Friday afternoon I threw my overnight bag in the car and headed out. My sister came to join me Friday evening to have dinner, do some laundry and keep me company. She came back Saturday morning at 8am and THEY WERE PARKED ON OUR SIDE.

ON OUR SIDE.

AFTER BEING LITTLE POOTERS ABOUT THE PARKING.

THEY WERE ON OUR SIDE.

The husband happened to be outside and said to my sister, "Ohhh, well, my wife saw you put bags in your cars so we figured you were gone for the weekend."

Uhhhh. NO. WE'RE NOT. WE'RE AROUND. YOU PSYCHO LITTLE PARKING CREEPS.

*********
My posting has been lame-@$$ recently. I apologize. I'm applying for EVERY job I possibly can and EVERY JOB has an additional two essays that are required when submitting an application. I've written more in the past two weeks than I have throughout all of graduate school and when applying to college. It's overwhelming and makes for ZERO time over here in blog land. I promise, I'll be better as soon as I can.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home