Monday, February 22, 2010

MARATHON MONDAY

It's Monday b*tches and I've got the marathon update. M-1; Every other Monday-3.
Here's the update

T-4miles- 31:16- 7:15/mile
W- 7 miles- 58:05-7:50/mile
Th- 4 miles- only managed 3- 22:18-7:25/mile
F- 14m- 1:56:32- 8:09/mile

I really liked getting the long run over with on Friday. We have time after school to get it in before it gets too dark and this way, especially because I had to teach Jazz on Saturday morning, I can plan some other things on the weekends.

I was NERVOUS for those 14 miles, but they went surprisingly well. A few miles were REALLY hard and it was windy. I really slowed down at the end which makes me wonder if I need to start running with water/snacks. I've never run with water or snacks before but I think I need to start practicing. Getting through 26.2 miles without some food might make me TIRED.
*********************************************
I've decided to give up shopping, going out to eat, and dessert for Lent. I know I'm a little late, but I hope that I can stick to it. With at least two (maybe three) weddings this summer, I've got to GET SKINNY.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I train for at least three half marathons a year. Never tried a marathon. I would def carry water with you. I wear a fuel belt on my long runs and fill half with water and the other half with gatorage. I don't eat while I run but do eat half a balance bar about an hour before I run. You are doing great!


Jenny

12:31 PM  
Blogger P in VT said...

Thanks Jenny! I think I need to start bring water with me!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and also I have been meaning to incorporate the energy jelly beans into my long runs but haven't yet. Happy Trails!

Jenny

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home