Thursday, April 08, 2010

Assistance

I received an email from a parent of one of my students:

Hi Miss T,

Hope you are enjoying the incredible weather.
I don't know if you are on the babysitting, etc list, but I thought I'd
check to see if you might be able to help me this weekend at a party I'm
having. It's a casual party, and all you'd have to do is help me
put food out and wash plates. I know it's last minute, but my husband is
going to be away and I'd love the help. It would be from about 5:45 to
10 or earlier if you want. I will be at school for a meeting at 8 and
may check in to see if you're interested.

-Parent

Put out food? Wash plates? For a dinner party that she's having which will most likely have our other parents as guests? NO THANK YOU.

Seriously.

She came in this morning right at 8am to double check and when I told her I would be out of town for the weekend she responded, "Ohhh, I'll just use paper plates then."

SERIOUSLY?!?!??!?! She has to resort to PAPER PLATES because I WON'T BE THERE TO WASH DISHES?!?!??!

And SECONDLY. I'm pretty sure I didn't just shell out $30,000+ for a masters degree so I could wash dishes at family parties (other than my OWN) on the weekends.

That's not to say that I think I'm above ANY sort of job- - I'm NOT. I just can't believe the families around here sometimes.

Do your own damn dishes.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous K.S.Anthony said...

Good for you.

That's probably the most declassé email I've seen in quite some time.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home