Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Marathon Update

My sister has officially QUIT the marathon. What a loser. I cannot believe it. The whole reason I’ve been so dedicated to this training is because she was doing it with me. I had someone to commiserate with and someone to complain to and someone to head out on 10+ mile runs with.

Now? I come back from long runs and she’s freshly showered drinking a glass of wine.

B*tch.

We’re all signed up to run a ½ marathon this weekend to practice for the big day and I think she’ll still do that with us, but… it’s not the same as running the marathon with us. I hope she changes her mind before then but, if you know my sister, you KNOW that’s probably not happening. Once her mind is made up there is NO turning back.

The training has been going surprisingly well. It was warm-ish while I was in Vermont for two weeks so I got all of my runs in. I was supposed to run 19 miles last weekend, but I was home for Easter and a bridal shower and out drinking every night and the days just got away from me. That is the ONLY run that I’ve skipped this entire time so I hope it doesn’t hinder my training and ability to run the full marathon too much, but… the weekend was a freakin’ blast so I’m not TOO worried about it.

We’re on the downward slope of all of this training and I can’t wait until it’s over. Although, I’m not sure WHAT I’m going to do with all of this extra time. I haven’t quite figured out if this training has turned me into a runner or if I’m still just someone who runs occasionally. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home