Friday, April 09, 2010

Yea, We Went Out Last Night

My sister, D, and I all went out last night to celebrate the gorgeous weather we've having, SPRING, and my NEW JOB! Initially, I almost canceled because I just wasn't feeling it, but I'm so glad we motivated to go. We had *so* much fun.

We headed to The Ginger Man in SoNo. Have I mentioned how much we *love* Ginger Man? It's the best place EVA. We ordered our Blue Moons and the cheese plate...and then we started talking. And didn't stop until after midnight. I'm not even kidding. I don't know WHERE the time went, but before we knew it we were four rounds deep and ordering another pizza to top off the night. Really. We RARELY go out on school nights but when we do, I guess we go all the way.

As three teachers, who are best friends/sisters who work and live together you would think we'd have OTHER things to talk about besides our students. Notsomuch. I cannot IMAGINE what we'll be like when we have our OWN kids because we talked about our students ALL NIGHT LONG. We're all fairly exciting people but we hardly veered from talking about the kids. It's nuts.

Well... we did detour the conversation enough to debate the 2Birds1Blog debate about wiping position. (Please, go read that post if you need a laugh.) ((We're all sitters if you care). While I'm at it, Meg @ 2birds is quite possibly the funniest person ALIVE.

So we're sitting there chatting and I get a text from my mom, "Just had a lovely chat with Coach".

...

They were all at the bar together. I, of course, was DYING to know what they talked about because my own communication with Coach has been rather lackluster lately. (I cannot figure him out. I'm still trying to play it cool but am secretly hoping that I'll see him while I'm home this weekend. I'm not sure on ANY fronts how that will play out.) I almost texted him about it, but while I was contemplating that I got a text from him, "Just had a beer with your parents." Which started a texting conversation that lasted most of the night and ended with a drunken, 1am phone call.

My mom thinks he's "so nice", my dad thinks he's a player... I don't really care WHAT he is, as long as he's into me.

There, I said it.

I woke up this morning READY to go but I am fading...FAST.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Patty said...

That so nice that you got to get together, glad you had a good time!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home