Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fore!

I decided..."long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadow! If I fail, if I succeed at least I've lived as I believed!" (Excuse that tangent, as I re-read I decided I couldn't help but break into Whitney Housten-esque vocals.) I decided last summer that I wanted to learn how to play golf but with all of the classes I was enrolled in I really did NOT have the time. Also, it's kind of expensive and not exactly in the budget.

I mentioned at dinner one night last spring to Sister 2's (non)boyfriend's family that I wanted to learn how to play golf. They thought that sounded amazing and are all avid golfers. My sister, last summer, was NOT in support of golf. She felt that it took up too much time and took her (non)boyfriend away far too often.

I actually think she say have said one night. Over dinner to the entire family. OF GOLFERS. "I don't think you can consider it a SPORT if you're allowed to smoke and drink while doing it."

Yes. She's brazen and brassy and stubborn but... that's why we love her. (I think.)

Despite her very obvious feelings on the sport her (non)boyfriend's mother bought her a pair of golf shoes and offered to sign her up for lessons at their exclusive country club.

I was all, "HELLOOOOOO?!?!??!?! I'M THE ONE WHO WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY GOLF! I WANT THE SHOES! I WANT THE LESSONS! LOOK AT ME!"

Well, a year has passed and my sister's golf shoes have been collecting dust in a closet.

Until now.

I found reasonable golf lessons at a club near our house and we took our first one on Saturday. It was so awesome. The Pro could not have been nicer, the staff was so friendly and the club was very welcoming and non-snobby. (Something that is a LITTLE hard to find in the area that we live.)

We've been to the driving range twice since then and- - I quote- - my sister said she's "hooked."

We've got a long way to go before we get out on the course but let's hope this is the start to something great. I've got a feeling it is.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger K.S.Anthony said...

"I don't think you can consider it a SPORT if you're allowed to smoke and drink while doing it."

I almost spit up my coffee reading that. Touché!

What's the news with Officer Way-Too-F'ing-Friendly?

12:29 PM  
Blogger P in VT said...

His latest text?

"Simple but elegant, brilliant but street smart, honest with a good heart, I see that in you."

I know.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

golf over marathon training seems to be a little more sister 2's thing...

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home