Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nobu

My sister has been heading into the city every Tuesday night to have dinner with her (non)boyfriend. It's usually nice because it gives us a night apart, (I get the bed to myself), and it's nice for them to have a weeknight to spend some time together.

With my impeding move D, Sister 1 and I have been trying to squeeze weeknight hang-outs in to fulfill everything we want to do before M-Day and, my sister is always trying to get me to go into the city with her but with Jazzercise and other work stuff I rarely have time. Last night, she thought she'd try one more time and... I said yes. I didn't have too much else going on and had time to get a quick run in first. GAME ON.

Best Friend S, who lives in NYC, Sister 1 and I emailed back and forth all day long trying to make reservations for dinner. We tried five different places that were all booked.

For 8:30 on a Tuesday night.

Really. (SEE?!?!? THIS IS WHY I DON'T GO INTO THE CITY!!!)

J, (the non-boyfriend) was on his way home from a squash match and when we told him about our difficulty making a reservation he replied, "F*ck it. We're goin' to NOBU!"

I had never been there before, the only thing I knew was that it was fairly expensive... Sister 1, who has been there a few times, was PUMPED. She loves it there. We called S, told him to meet us down there and we headed down.

Can I just say one thing...

that dinner was probably the BEST dinner I've ever had in my entire life.

Because J has been there quite a few times and is very familiar with the menu we didn't even open them. He ordered for the table. We had (and I'll probably get ALL of these dishes incorrect): tuna tartar, jalapeno yellowtail, california roll, lettuce wraps, two versions of kobe beef, rock shrimp tempura, two desserts, sake and lychee martinis.

It was such a fun night, the four of us were able to relax, have a few drinks, an incredible dinner and catch up in a way that we haven't been able to in a while.

The bill was probably more than I make in a month, but...

J treated. :)


I'm usually very down to earth but sometimes it's awesome to (pretend) to live the high life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home