Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Somebody New

Now that the fact that I'm (finally! after being in two relationships for the past 8 years) single is starting to get out I'm beginning to get phone calls/texts/emails from my guy friends... you know, friends who have been friends all along but you don't really see each other except when you're all at the bars for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Or that you text randomly when you think of each other, but it's all in the name of FRIENDship and nothing else. And, to be honest, it's a little creepy.

I think it's great that we've managed to stay friends throughout high school/college/work, and I'm not saying that THEY ALL want to date me but a few of them have REALLY alluded to the idea that they would like to take me out. Which would be fine, I would go out, as FRIENDS but I don't want to date someone that I already know. I want/need something COMPLETELY different right now before I fall back into what's comfortable. That is one of my biggest weaknesses. I like things/people that I'm comfortable with, who I know. Who know ME. One of my goals out of this HUGE. RIDICULOUS. MESS. is to expand my social circle a little bit and get out there and meet someone NEW.

Not to mention, two of the guys who have asked me out have asked me to go to the movies... am I totally alone here in thinking that going to the movies is NOT a great date? Going out for happy hour? I'd be there. A glass of wine? You betcha! Mixed doubles on a Saturday afternoon? Sure! Beer and Football on Sunday? Why not? The movies? I don't know. It seems like something you would do in middle school, right? Like you go with your "boyfriend" and it takes 1/2 the movie for both of your hands to meet under the armrest then you spend the second 1/2 of the movie wishing you had just grabbed their hand during the opening credits because, GOD! You're FINALLY! HOLDING! HANDS! Do you guys remember that? Not to mention, if you're watching a movie you're supposed to be quiet. And, well, it's not exactly a great get-to-know-you atmosphere. Sorry, no movies for me.

I need something around here. Something new and exciting and different. I'll let you know when I find it...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger k e r r y said...

yeah - dinner and movie - not such a great first second or third date. How are you supposed to get to know the person?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home