Friday, June 26, 2009

I've Got Friends

In the best places. I was feeling a bit... I don't even know how to describe it... out of sorts perhaps, tonight and I called one of my very best friends to complain/get an opinion from. He said everything you would want a friend to say and completely talked me off the ledge I was standing on. It's instances like this that remind me how lucky I am to have the people that I do in my life. It's funny how things work out sometimes and how you end up being friends with the people you're friends with.

In high school, I never thought he was the one I'd be closest with now and even though we don't talk every day, or even every week, he knows me. He "gets" me. And? (Aside from actually really appreciating me and all of my ridiculousness) He always gives me a point of view that I wouldn't think of on my own and encourages me to think about the big picture.

Well, tonight I did just that. I came home, got into my pajamas and helped myself to one of the last pieces of key lime pie left in the fridge that my sister had made. Every last bite was delicious, in case you were wondering.

I can't believe it's so late either. I'm teaching jazz at 8:20 in the morning... then babysitting all day. Here's to the one weekend until July that I won't have any homework. I plan on spending every second at the pool.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home