Saturday, July 25, 2009

On Vacation

I made it to vacation from Boston early yesterday morning. I got a bit of a later start than I had hoped due to being (completely) hungover. When am I going to learn????

The visit with BB went fairly well. It was a little anti-climactic, I think. It's kind of hard to say, I liked him... he liked me... but I'm not exactly sure how things will go. Of course, he's leaving for Iraq on Monday morning for a year, so it's not like anything was really going to materialize anyway.

It's kind of scary how similar we are, really. Our personalities are very much exactly. the. same. Which, I know, can be kind of a disaster sometimes. We were getting ready to go out on Thursday night so I brushed my teeth/hair, put some make up on and changed my clothes while he did the same and when we were both back in the kitchen he turned around and we had both put on t-shirts with anchors on them. Too funny. I was like... "uhhh... can you CHANGE before we go out because it's going to look like we PLANNED this." He didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. Boys.

Have I mentioned yet that he's in the military? It's not his full-time job (he has a FANTASTIC full-time job) but his team or whatever you call it got called to go to Iraq for a year so Monday morning he heads to Texas for a month then heads to Iraq for 12 months. I can't even really imagine what preparing for that is like, but he seems ready for it.

While I was visiting him I was sitting on his couch and he asks from the kitchen, "What size shirt are you?" I'm thinking- - kind of weird question, but whatev... "Medium usually, " I said. Then he acted all relieved and I was like, what is going on. Well, he had bought me one of his Army shirts with special unit on it and wanted to make sure that he got the right size. So cute.

I'm currently sitting in an Adirondack chair, overlooking the ocean waiting for everyone else to wake up. For the first time in the history of our family vacations I think the boys outnumber the girls. It's a scary thing. They arrived yesterday baring water guns. This is not the kind of "fun" my sisters and I enjoy.

It's bound to be a great weekend though!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home