Monday, October 19, 2009

The Longest Celebration

In five days I will turn 25 years old. I always thought by 25 I would be, in a word, settled. I’m not even close to that, but we won’t dwell on that right now. There are more exciting things to discuss like… how I’ve been celebrating my birthday for over a week now and it just keeps getting better!

It started with the flowers from Jax. Then I went to my aunt and uncles’ for happy hour and my aunt (who always goes WAY above and beyond) got me a new jacket (SO CUTE), wine chiller, wine glass identifiers, and a portable wine opener. THEN, before I headed back to Connecticut my parents gave me presents from them because I wouldn’t see them on my actual birthday. I got a new Crock Pot and recipe book, (you should SEE what I’ve been cooking while I’m at work!) mascara, new sheets, a pair of dress pants for work, 6 bottles of wine, AND THE BEST PART?!?!? My mom took me to Costco and Shaw’s and BOUGHT MY GROCERIES. Seriously, she hooked me (and my sister who lives with me) UP. It was awesome.

I never thought I’d be so excited for groceries. At 25? I guess it’s the little things.

I came back to CT and had a quiet week with plans on having a Karaoke Party with D Friday night. Just the two of us. Really. I was actually looking forward to it and had my dad ship us my karaoke mics from home. Call me crazy.

Fridays are tough for me usually though. I’m always exhausted from the week and it takes a while to get motivated. I wanted to head over to D’s house in sweats but I knew that we would probably end up going out for at least one drink so I got (half-assed) dressed. I got to D’s house, knocked on the door, and stumbled in with my mics and box of liquor (long story). As soon as I walked into the dining room, the lights came on and there were horns blowing and everyone yelled “SURPRISE!”

I’m not even kidding. My sister and D threw me a surprise party. The best part was? I was COMPLETELY surprised. I HAD NO IDEA they had been planning this for weeks. My other sister came down from NH with her boyfriend, my friend S came up from the city, my co-workers were there… It was the best night EVER. I TOTALLY felt like the star of the show. It’s so nice to feel like you have friends thinking about you and planning things for you without you even knowing. I really do have the best family and friends.

My official birthday is this Saturday and I’ve had so many celebrations thus far I’m not exactly sure WHAT the plans will be but I think that the day will start with a Jazzercise class (or two) with D and heading to get our nails done.

I'm not even 25 yet and I already love it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home