Thursday, October 29, 2009

In Comparison

I've discussed my many (many, many) (boy)friends here and, just so you can see how different they really are I'm going to share two of my recent interactions with them.


Boy 1)
It's hunting season in VT and many of my friends are obsessed with hunting, more obsessed than I am with working out and eating dessert. It's intense. Many of their mornings/weekends/free time are spent in duck blinds or in boats or up in trees. I was recently on the phone with RC and he was talking about just how much he loves hunting and he said, "Seriously M, I might be broke, drive a crappy truck and live in a hellhole, but as long as I can hunt, I don't care about anything of those things. Really. I could live in a shed and be happy for the rest of my life as long as I can hunt. Well, of course, I'd like to share my shed with you too, if you're interested."

Just the proposal I've been hoping for.

Boy 2)
I opened my mailbox yesterday expected NOTHING because, unfortunately, my birthday celebrations are OVER but I saw a card addressed to me. It looked like my ex-boyfriend's writing but upon closer inspection I saw that the return address was none other than the thoughtful Jax.

I opened the envelope and pulled out a card that read, "I've only thought about you twice today" and on the inside continued, "All day and all night." Jax had written, "You said you never get anything fun mail so I thought this would be a fun surprise and, it's pretty accurate too. Hope to see you soon. xo, Jax."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home