Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Marathon Monday

ON TUESDAY AGAIN! GAHHHHH! I SUCK!

T- 3m- 23:42; 7:23/mile
W- 6m- 47:41; 7:33/mile
H-3m- 24:00; 7:28/mile
S- 12m-1:38:12; 7:50/mile

It's interesting that I get slower as the week progresses...I wonder what that's all about. The 12 miles actually went REALLY well. It was freezing (again) but I felt great and didn't get too fatigued.

I am still waiting for that runner's high to hit, but while I'm running sometimes I do get pretty impressed with myself.

Really.

If my inner-monologue while running could be broadcast live I'm sure it would be a HIT.

Sometimes I pretend that I'm running in the actual race and my friends and family are on the sidelines cheering and waving as I pass.

Sometimes, when I think about what I'm actually doing. Training to run 26.2 miles. AT ONCE. And think about how dedicated I've been to this goal, I'll say to myself, "you go girl! You can do ANYTHING! You run that race! Show 'em how it's done!"

And I feel like I'm on top of the world.

While I'm running in sub-zero temperatures, by myself, in southwestern Connecticut.

The power of the mind.

Good thing I never claimed to be normal...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home