Tuesday, February 09, 2010

When to Let Go

My sister and I share an apartment. It's an old cape that has been split into two units- - an upstairs and a downstairs. We rent the upstairs. Our downstairs neighbors have been there for a couple of years and haven't liked us since we moved in because we have two cars.

The former tenant had ONE car.

This is a very big issue.

Our driveway is 2.5 car widths wide and 2 car lengths long. We have the left side, they have the right side.

There are a total of 4 cars to park every day.

Call me crazy, but we could fit four cars in the driveway if need be.

There is a spot out front, on the road that is two car lengths long that the Mr. from downstairs likes to park his HUGE truck in. Fine. It's really not an issue for us. Occasionally we park there if I leave much earlier than my sister and she'll be coming home after me.

When we have guests for an entire weekend I'll park my car someone else to alleviate any issues we might have.

They have complained to the landlord about us being too loud, coming in late at night with rambunctious friends, and parking crooked.

Let's just clarify that between my sister and I we have three friends TOTAL in the area. Those friends have all been over LESS than two times EACH. SEPARATELY. And never late-night (minus that ONE visit from D in October.)

My sisters and I would, normally, be great neighbors. We go to bed early, aren't wild and crazy, have normal jobs and are hardly home. On most days I leave my apartment at 6 and don't get back until 6:30 or 7:30 that night.

We don't wear shoes in the apartment so they really can't hear our footsteps, we don't listen to loud music or tv. We aren't loud talkers.

Imagine my surprise when I get this "note" in our mailbox last night,

"M & M,

If you could please have guests (overnight) park out back we would appreciate it. Sat morning our babysitting had to pull out into the road while I pulled my car out. It was dangerous for her. I know the landlord spoke to you about it. It would make our Sat. work morning much easier. Thank you.

J."

I have so many points to contend with this note I can't even begin to type them all right now but one thing's for SURE.

I AM BEYOND ANNOYED.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CeCe said...

Could they be mistaking a different neighbor's car for yours? So strange. Maybe a neighbor's visitor parks near your house and they have been thinking this entire time that it is your friends.

I agree...super annoying.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Well, I suppose you have formally been notified that your neighbor feels he is more important than you are. I mean, that's the only thing I can read from that note, right?

(cough, douchebag)

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home