Friday, May 21, 2010

Bachelorette Parties

As you know, I am in a wedding this summer. Of course, I will be attending the bride's bachelorette party hosted by her two sisters. Instead of doing one, wild night on the town we've rented a house on the cape for a weekend and will spend the weekend together celebrating.

This to me, sounds like a dream bachelorette party. There will be no strippers, we're all staying together and we can hit the beach during the day. We can stock the fridge and coolers too so it's reasonably economical. (Remember, the bride has ELEVEN. Count 'em: ELEVEN. bridesmaids so splitting ANYTHING eleven ways is... fairly reasonable.)

Here's the thing that I don't understand. Everyone's penchant for having male-genitalia themed EVERYTHING. We've been planning the weekend and the emails going around included supplies we would need for the party. Food, drinks, bedding, etc. Then people starting replying about items we would need to pick up at the "dirty" store.

Excuse me?

The "dirty" store?

I don't know about all of you, but I? Don't go there. Nor do I want to be at a party with items from there.

Let me assure you, I am no prude and I'm, for the most part, outgoing and liberal. I don't even mind certain items. But having p3nis (sorry, don't want spammers) shaped glasses, straws, hats, necklaces, plates and cakes REALLY does not appeal to me.

I don't get it.

It's not like everyone there hasn't seen one before. It's not as if the soon-to-be bride and groom haven't been living together for two years and she'll be preparing and anxiously awaiting a BIG night.

I really, just, DO NOT GET IT.

I don't think it's funny, and I just don't see the point.

Am I the crazy one here? What's the appeal?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home